Latest posts by Editorial (see all)
- Intellectual Property for Banking and FinTech - 08 Aug 2017
- Learn to Trade Financial Markets with Investment Bankers - 27 Jul 2017
- SAP Financial Services Forum: Winning in the Digital Moment - 04 Jul 2017
Banks and financial services companies have built their fortunes from innovation. In a world of thin margins and tighter regulations, innovation is the key to building and maintaining a competitive advantage in an increasingly crowded marketplace. But innovations worth investing in are also worth protecting, and intellectual property laws are there to give innovative companies a protective moat around the competitive advantage they have developed.
Yet many financial services firms – from FinTech startups to global banking superpowers – are still leaving billions of pounds worth of intellectual property unprotected. Whether your company has developed a mobile banking application, B2B transaction portal, or a high-frequency trading algorithm, it is likely to contain several different kinds of intellectual property which can – and should – be appropriately protected.
Join PatSnap and our panel of special guests for breakfast on 8th June at 1 Lombard Street, in the heart of the City of London to find out what finance professionals need to know about intellectual property. We will discuss:
- What intellectual property do financial services companies have?
- How is the rise of FinTech and Blockchain impacting intellectual property?
- How can business leaders understand & protect their intellectual property without a law degree?
DATE AND TIME
Thu 8 June 2017 08:30 – 10:00 BST
1 Lombard Street